Friday, September 9, 2011

My Heart, Day's first new album in nearly two decades.



Doris Day News

My Heart, Day's first new album in nearly two decades is set to be released in the United Kingdom on September 5, 2011.  The album is a compilation of previously unreleased recordings produced by Day's son, Terry Melcher, prior to his death in 2004. Tracks include the 1970s Joe Cocker hit "You Are So Beautiful", the Beach Boys' "Disney Girls" and jazz standards such as "My Buddy", which Day originally sang in her 1951 film I'll See You in My Dreams, Day dedicates this song to her son.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Dawn, I just discovered this page...never knew you had this blog.

I think Doris is totally delightful...and MUCH more than just musicals and romantic comedies. She was all-around good.

I'm now following this blog.

Dawn said...

Welcome Patti, I'm glad that you are here.