Saturday, May 1, 2010

Personal quotes by Doris Day

Doris Day
Doris Day Photos
The happiest times in my life were the days when I was traveling with Les Brown and his band.

Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.

Some of the downbeat pictures, in my opinion, should never be made at all. Most of them are made for personal satisfaction, to impress other actors who say 'Oh, God! what a shot, what camera work!' But the average person in the audience, who bought his ticket to be entertained, doesn't see that at all. He comes out depressed.

I like joy; I want to be joyous; I want to have fun on the set; I want to wear beautiful clothes and look pretty.

I want to smile and I want to make people laugh. And that's all I want. I like it. I like being happy. I want to make others happy.

Learning a part was like acting out the lyrics of a song.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Monty, I think she did a wonderful job making people laugh.