Sunday, November 22, 2009

THE BALLAD OF JOSIE (1967). IT'S QUICK-DRAW DORIS!

THE BALLAD OF JOSIE (1967), a western/comedy. The film starts out when Josie's abusive/drunk husband is killed by falling down a flight of stairs. After his death, Josie Minick (Doris Day) decides to create a better life for herself and young son Luther (Teddy Quinn). Owning a small parcel of land on the outskirts of town, and not eager to fall into another submissive relationship. She sets her mind to raise sheep and comes under the wrath of neighbors who are all cow farmers. She also organizes the towns women to demonstrate against women's suffrage. Josie will need all her smarts and courage to achieve her dream and not start an all out Range War. I thought it was entertaining and gave her a different role than her previous "spy", "mystery" or ''romantic comedy'' .
Other co-stars include George Kennedy, Audrey Christie and Andy Devine.


Soundtracks:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Ballad of Josie"
Lyrics by Floyd Huddleston
Music by Don Costa
Sung by Ron Dante (as Ronnie Dante)


"Wait Till Tomorrow"
Lyrics by Jack Lloyd
Music by Gene de Paul
Sung by The Sun Set

4 comments:

monty said...

Good post Dawn. I love Doris Day movies. I've only seen parts of Ballad of Josie though. Need to watch the whole movie. Oh and love the color scheme you got going on for your page. Seeing your page may kickstart my long planned double bill of Ms. Day. I own Send Me No Flowers and Move Over Darling. May watch them sometime this week. Thanks Dawn for stirring up good memories.

Dawn said...

MONTY, If you would like to be a Contributor to any of my pages. Please let me know. :) Thanks Dawn

monty said...

Yes, I would to be a contributor Dawn. You just have to shoot me an email to invite me. I'm having a blast writing posts on What We're Watching on TV thanks to Tracy. So I'm ready. Which blogs would you like my input on?

Dawn said...

Monty, I have sent you an invite to Doris Day page and also to (the main page), Noir and Chick Flicks page. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. The more people we have blogging, the more interesting Noir and Chick Flicks will be. Welcome. :)